There are many things to consider when deciding on whether to build or remodel. The following list will help in your decision:
- A new home may allow you to use better and/or later technology products that will aid in saving maintenance and/or energy costs.
- A remodel project may transform the appearance of the entire house or just one room.
- Make sure the addition or renovation will have positive returns on the money you invest. Ensure that the renovation or addition will not make your house too large or expensive for your current neighborhood.
- How much inconvenience will a renovation project cause you? And for how long?
- Do you have the land necessary to add an addition onto your house?
- Check your neighborhood restrictions before making exterior renovations.